Generic Name and Formulations:
Arformoterol tartrate 15mcg/2mL; inhalation soln.
Indications for BROVANA:
Long-term maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction due to COPD. Limitations of use: not for treating asthma or acute deteriorations of COPD.
By nebulizer: 15mcg by inhalation twice daily (AM & PM); max 30mcg/day. Use standard jet (eg, PARI LC Plus) nebulizer with air compressor (eg, PARI DURA-NEB 3000). Reevaluate periodically.
LABA use in asthma patients without use of long-term control medication.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Do not exceed recommended dose. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Hepatic impairment (monitor). Thyrotoxicosis. Hypokalemia. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Monitor potassium and blood glucose levels. Prescribe a short-acting β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
See Contraindications. Avoid other sympathomimetics (except short-acting bronchodilators). Caution with MAOIs, tricyclics, or drugs known to prolong the QTc interval; may increase risk of arrhythmias. Antagonized by β-blockers. K+-depleting diuretics, theophylline, aminophylline, steroids may potentiate hypokalemia.
Pain, chest pain, back pain, diarrhea, sinusitis, leg cramps, dyspnea, rash, flu syndrome, peripheral edema, lung disorder; cardiovascular effects (eg, increased pulse rate or BP, ECG changes); rarely: paradoxical bronchospasm, hypersensitivity reactions.
Vials (2mL)—30, 60
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- Adding Bevacizumab to First-line Chemotherapy Benefits Selects Cases of Ovarian Cancer
- Assessing Direct Costs of Treatment-Related Adverse Events in Advanced Melanoma
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|