Generic Name and Formulations:
Brompheniramine maleate 2mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10mg; per 5mL; liq; contains alcohol 0.95% v/v; butterscotch flavor.
Indications for BROMFED-DM:
Cough and nasal congestion.
10mL every 4 hrs.
<2yrs: individualize. 2–6yrs: 2.5mL. 6–12yrs: 5mL. Both every 4 hrs. Max 6 doses/24 hours.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Neonates. Premature infants. Severe hypertension or cardiovascular disease. Within 14 days of MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Diabetes. History of bronchial asthma. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Thyroid disease. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Antihistamine + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Potentiates alcohol, other CNS depressants. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Sedation, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, thickening of bronchial secretions; excitability in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|