Brain Cancer News and Features
In this phase 2 study, researchers randomly assigned 79 patients with immunotherapy-naive melanoma with brain metastases to receive either nivolumab plus ipilimumab or nivolumab alone.
[OncoTargets and Therapy] A meta-analysis was conducted to evaluate the effect of abnormal EGFR expression on overall survival (OS) in patients with glioma.
Adverse event rates were similar in both trial groups, though patients treated with TTFields were much more likely to have mild to moderate skin toxicity.
Research pinpointed clinical factors, such as headache, that may be associated with pediatric brain neoplasms.
Lomustine plus bevacizumab may increase progression-free, but not overall, survival versus lomustine alone in progressive glioblastoma.
Brain Cancer Clinical Trials
A prospective TLN cohort study demonstrated that trial eligibility is a strong predictor of progression-free and overall survival among patients with multiple myeloma.
In this systematic review, investigators sought to determine the safety, effectiveness, and tolerability of propolis mouthwash in preventing severe oral mucositis in patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
What should be explained to patients regarding placebo use in controlled trials?
This fact sheet reviews cancer in adolescents and children, including possible causes, treatment, and the general outlook for childhood cancers.
A clinic staffed with clinical research nurses provided needed care for patients in clinical trials who experienced adverse effects, and also ensured consistent documentation of treatment-related AEs, according to a presentation at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|