Imetelstat, a novel telomerase-inhibiting drug, has been found to induce morphologic, molecular, and clinical remissions in some patients with myelofibrosis, according to a new study. The results were presented at the 2013 ASH Annual Meeting, in New Orleans.
The chemotherapy drug cyclophosphamide prevents graft-versus-host (GVHD) disease in people who receive bone marrow transplants through an immune system cell that evades the toxic effects of cyclophosphamide.
Chemotherapy-induced nerve injury in the bone marrow is what impairs the regeneration of hematopoietic stem cells, leading to anemia.
Genetic material secreted by bone marrow cells was used to reduce glioma tumor volume in a recent study.
Adipose tissue may provide a more efficient, less costly, and less invasive source of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) than bone marrow.
Leukemia stem cells that overcome drug therapy can be thwarted when deprived of RAD52, a protein key to DNA repair of these cancer cells.
Most of the hundreds of mutations found in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) genomes occur randomly as part of the aging process, unrelated to cancer.
An HIV drug helped lower the risk of graft-versus-host disease in persons with blood cancer who had stem-cell transplants to rebuild bone marrow.
Hematopoietic stem cells from healthy persons older than 65 years make fewer immunoprotective lymphocytes than do stem cells from healthy persons aged 20 to 35 years.
The recent discovery of gene mutations in a genomic study of myelodysplastic syndromes could enable diagnosis using only a blood test rather than a bone marrow biopsy.
A vasodilator that blocks the activity of a protein called Rho kinase (ROCK) may be effective against difficult-to-treat types of leukemia.
The OnControl Bone Marrow System has been made available by Vidacare for use by clinicians to perform bone marrow aspiration and biopsy procedures.
The non-Hodgkin's lymphomas (NHLs) are a heterogeneous group of tumours of the lymphoid system and a relatively complex group of disorders. Presentation can be variable with many patients developing extranodal disease. The disease accounts for 4% of all cancer in the UK.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|