BICILLIN C-R Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Penicillin G benzathine, penicillin G procaine equal amounts; combined penicillin G dose 600,000Units/mL; susp for deep IM inj; contains parabens.
Indications for BICILLIN C-R:
Susceptible moderately severe infections including respiratory, skin and soft tissue, erysipelas, scarlet fever, otitis media.
Adults and Children:
C-R: Give by deep IM inj (buttock or, in young children, may give in anterolateral thigh). Group A strep: <30lbs: 600,000 units; 30–60lbs: 900,000–1.2 million units; >60lbs: 2.4 million units; all as single dose (may split injections) or may give one-half total dose on day 1 and one-half on day 3. Pneumococcal (except meningitis) children: 600,000 units; adults 1.2 million units; give every 2–3 days until afebrile for 48 hrs.
Avoid intraarterial, intravascular, and intraneural inj.
Not for IV use. Do not admix with other IV solutions. Reports of inadvertent IV administration has been associated with cardiorespiratory arrest and death.
Not for IV use. Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Asthma. Monitor renal and hematopoietic function in prolonged use. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest.
Rash, drug fever, serum sickness, anaphylaxis, blood dyscrasias, neuropathy, nephropathy, inj site reactions.
C–R Tubex 600,000 units/mL (1mL, 2mL)—10 (w. 1 inch or 1.25 inch needles); C–R disposable syringe 600,000 units/mL (4mL)—10 (w. 2 inch needles); C–R 900/300 Tubex 1.2 million units/syringe (2mL)—10 (w. 1 inch or 1.25 inch needles)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|