Betaxolol Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Betaxolol HCl 10mg+, 20mg; tabs; +scored.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Betaxolol Tablets:
Initially 10mg daily alone or added to diuretic therapy; may increase to 20mg daily after 7–14 days; usual max 20mg daily. Elderly or severe renal dysfunction: initially 5mg daily.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt heart failure.
CHF. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Avoid abrupt cessation. Surgery. SLE. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased cardiac effects of calcium channel blockers, digitalis. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. May block epinephrine. May interfere with glaucoma screening tests.
Bradycardia, headache, GI upset, dizziness, arthralgia, fatigue, dyspnea, chest pain, pharyngitis, impotence, heart failure, bronchospasm.
Formerly known under the brand name Kerlone.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|