Betaxolol Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Betaxolol HCl 10mg+, 20mg; tabs; +scored.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Betaxolol Tablets:
Initially 10mg daily alone or added to diuretic therapy; may increase to 20mg daily after 7–14 days; usual max 20mg daily. Elderly or severe renal dysfunction: initially 5mg daily.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt heart failure.
CHF. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Avoid abrupt cessation. Surgery. SLE. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased cardiac effects of calcium channel blockers, digitalis. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. May block epinephrine. May interfere with glaucoma screening tests.
Bradycardia, headache, GI upset, dizziness, arthralgia, fatigue, dyspnea, chest pain, pharyngitis, impotence, heart failure, bronchospasm.
Formerly known under the brand name Kerlone.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|