BANZEL ORAL SUSPENSION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rufinamide 40mg/mL; orange-flavor; lactose-, gluten-, and dye-free.
Indications for BANZEL ORAL SUSPENSION:
Adjunctive treatment of seizures in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
Take with food in 2 equally divided doses. ≥17yrs: initially 400–800mg per day; increase by 400–800mg/day every other day up to max 3200mg/day. Avoid abrupt cessation (reduce dose by 25% every 2 days).
Take with food in 2 equally divided doses. <1yrs: not established. 1–<17yrs: initially 10mg/kg per day; increase every other day by 10mg/kg up to max 45mg/kg per day or 3200mg/day (whichever is less). Avoid abrupt cessation (reduce dose by 25% every 2 days).
Familial short QT syndrome.
Increased risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior; monitor for new or worsening of depression, suicidal thoughts, or unusual changes. Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Mild to moderate hepatic impairment. Dialysis (may adjust dose). Monitor for multi-organ hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue if suspected. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with drugs that shorten QT interval. CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Antagonizes carbamazepine, lamotrigine, triazolam. May potentiate phenobarbital, phenytoin. Potentiated by valproate (reduce doses). Antagonized by carbamazepine, phenobarbital, primidone, phenytoin. May affect substrates of CYP3A4, CYP2E1 (monitor). Antagonizes hormonal contraceptives (use non-hormonal forms too). May be affected by inducers or inhibitors of carboxylesterases.
Headache, dizziness, fatigue, somnolence, nausea, incoordination, gait disturbances, ataxia, visual disturbances, leukopenia, fever/rash.
Tabs—120; Susp—460mL (w. adapter & dosing syringe)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: Hemophilia A
- Guideline Recommendations Offer No OS Benefit for Younger Patients With Rectal Cancer
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: von Willebrand Disease
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|