Generic Name and Formulations:
Mupirocin 2%; oint.
Indications for BACTROBAN:
Impetigo due to S. pyogenes or S. aureus.
Adults and Children:
Apply small amount 3 times daily. May cover with gauze dressing. Reevaluate if no response within 3–5 days.
Avoid eyes. Nasal use in high-risk patients: see full labeling regarding autoinfection. Discontinue if sensitization or severe local irritation occurs. Prolonged use may result in superinfection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Nasal: avoid other concomitant nasal products.
Topical: burning, stinging, pain, itching. Nasal: headache, rhinitis, respiratory disorder, pharyngitis, taste perversion, burning/stinging, cough, pruritus; severe allergic reactions, C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Oint—22g; Crm—15g, 30g; Nasal (single-use) (1g)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- Two Programs, One Goal: Meeting the Challenges of Oncology Navigation
- Navigating Patients with Hematologic Malignancies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|