BACTROBAN CREAM Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Mupirocin (as calcium) 2%.
Indications for BACTROBAN CREAM:
Secondarily-infected traumatic skin lesions (up to 10cm in length or 100cm2 in area) due to susceptible strains of S. aureus or S. pyogenes.
Adults and Children:
<3months: not recommended. ≥3months: Apply small amount 3 times daily for 10 days. May use gauze dressing. Reevaluate if no response in 3–5 days.
Avoid eyes. Nasal use in high-risk patients: see full labeling regarding autoinfection. Discontinue if sensitization or severe local irritation occurs. Prolonged use may result in superinfection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Nasal: avoid other concomitant nasal products.
Topical: burning, stinging, pain, itching. Nasal: headache, rhinitis, respiratory disorder, pharyngitis, taste perversion, burning/stinging, cough, pruritus; severe allergic reactions, C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Oint—22g; Crm—15g, 30g; Nasal (single-use) (1g)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|