Generic Name and Formulations:
Bacitracin 50,000units/vial; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution.
X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for BACIIM:
Susceptible infections due to staphylococci, including pneumonia and empyema in infants.
Give by IM inj into upper outer quadrant of buttocks. Infants: <2.5kg: 900units/kg per day in 2–3 divided doses; >2.5kg: 1,000units/kg per day in 2–3 divided doses.
Renal impairment. Monitor renal function before and daily during therapy; discontinue if renal toxicity occurs. Ensure adequate hydration.
Avoid other nephrotoxic drugs (eg, aminoglycosides, polymyxin B, colistin).
Nephrotoxicity (eg, albuminuria, azotemia, cylinduria), nausea, vomiting, rash, inj site pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|