Generic Name and Formulations:
Aztreonam 1g, 2g; for IM or IV inj after reconstitution; sodium-free.
Indications for AZACTAM:
Susceptible bacterial infections, including septicemia, lower respiratory tract, complicated or uncomplicated urinary tract, skin and skin structure, gynecologic, intraabdominal. Surgical adjunct.
UTI: 500mg–1g every 8–12hrs. Other systemic infections: moderately severe: 1–2g every 8–12hrs; severe: 2g every 6–8hrs. All: max 8g/day. Max 1g/dose by IM. Renal impairment (CrCl 10–30mL/min): ½ of dose after loading dose; CrCl <10mL/min: see full labeling.
<9mos: not established. Not for septicemia or certain skin and skin structure infections; see full labeling. 9mos–16yrs (normal renal function only): urinary tract, lower respiratory tract, intraabdominal, gynecologic infections: mild-to-moderate: 30mg/kg IV every 8hrs; moderate-to-severe: 30mg/kg IV every 6–8hrs; max 120mg/kg/day. May need higher dose in patients with cystic fibrosis.
Penicillin, cephalosporin, carbapenem, or other allergy. Renal or hepatic impairment; monitor during therapy. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers; consider temporary formula feedings.
May potentiate nephrotoxicity of concomitant aminoglycosides (esp. at high doses or prolonged use); monitor renal function. Avoid concomitant β-lactamase-inducing drugs (eg, cefoxitin, imipenem).
Local reactions (eg, phlebitis, discomfort), GI upset, rash, anaphylaxis, blood dyscrasias, elevated liver enzymes or serum creatinine; C. difficile-associated diarrhea, superinfection; rare: toxic epidermal necrolysis.
Single-dose vials (15mL)—10; GALAXY containers (50mL)—24
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|