Generic Name and Formulations:
Dutasteride 0.5mg; caps.
Indications for AVODART:
BPH, as monotherapy to improve symptoms and reduce risks of acute urinary retention and need for prostate surgery; or in combination with tamsulosin. Limitation of use: not approved for preventing prostate cancer.
Swallow whole. Monotherapy: 0.5mg once daily. Combination therapy: 0.5mg once daily with tamsulosin 0.4mg once daily.
Not for use in children or women. Pregnant women and those of childbearing potential should avoid handling caps.
Increased risk of high-grade prostate cancer. Monitor prostate specific antigen (PSA) values (establish new baseline PSA after at least 3months of treatment); double PSA levels to compare with normal values. Rule out prostate cancer and other urological disorders prior to treatment. Hepatic dysfunction. Avoid donating blood until at least 6months after last dose.
Type I and II 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor.
May be potentiated by CYP3A4/5 inhibitors (eg, ritonavir, ketoconazole, verapamil, diltiazem, cimetidine, troleandomycin, ciprofloxacin); caution.
Impotence, decreased libido, ejaculation disorder, gynecomastia, dizziness (with tamsulosin).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|