AUGMENTIN ES-600 SUSPENSION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Amoxicillin 600mg, clavulanic acid (as potassium) 42.9mg; per 5mL; strawberry cream flavor (may add FLAVORx); contains phenylalanine.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for AUGMENTIN ES-600 SUSPENSION:
Susceptible recurrent or persistent acute otitis media (see full labeling).
Take with food. Base dose on amoxicillin component. Due to clavulanic acid component, ES-600 is not interchangable with other susp formulations. <3months: not recommended. ≥3months (<40kg): 90mg/kg per day in 2 divided doses every 12 hours for 10 days. ≥40kg: not recommended.
History of Augmentin-associated cholestatic jaundice/hepatic dysfunction. XR: Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min) or hemodialysis.
Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Hepatic dysfunction. Mononucleosis. Elderly (consider monitoring renal function). Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest, Benedict's or Fehling's soln. Probenecid potentiates amoxicillin. May potentiate oral anticoagulants (monitor). May antagonize oral contraceptives.
Broad-spectrum penicillin + β-lactamase inhibitor.
Diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, rash, urticaria, vomiting, vaginitis; anaphylaxis.
XR tabs—28, 40; Tabs 250mg—30; Tabs 500mg, 875mg—20; Susp 125mg/5mL, 250mg/5mL—75mL, 100mL, 150mL; Susp 200mg/5mL, 400mg/5mL—50mL, 75mL, 100mL; Chew tabs 125mg, 250mg—30; Chew tabs 200mg, 400mg—20; Susp ES-600 600mg/5mL—50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL, 150mL, 200mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|