ASCOMP w. CODEINE CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Codeine phosphate 30mg, butalbital 50mg, aspirin 325mg, caffeine 40mg; caps.
Breckenridge Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for ASCOMP w. CODEINE:
Tension (or muscle contraction) headache.
1–2 caps every 4 hours, as needed; max 6 caps/day. Use lowest effective dose for shortest period of time.
NSAID allergy. Porphyria. Bleeding or coagulation disorders. Peptic ulcer.
Renal or hepatic impairment; monitor liver/renal function tests. Acute abdomen. Asthma. Bleeding disorders. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Impaired thyroid or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Ultra-rapid metabolizers of codeine (may experience overdose symptoms). Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
CNS effects may be enhanced by MAOIs. Concomitant corticosteroids: withdrawal of corticosteroid may result in salicylism. May potentiate oral anticoagulants, oral antidiabetics and insulin, 6-mercaptopurine and methotrexate, NSAIDs, other narcotic analgesics, alcohol, general anesthetics, tranquilizers, sedative-hypnotics, other CNS depressants. May diminish effects of uricosuric agents.
Opioid + barbiturate + salicylate + stimulant.
Drowsiness, dizziness, intoxicated feeling, GI upset/pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|