Guideline recommends therapies for reducing anxiety/stress, depression/mood disorders, nausea
Seventy percent of Americans surveyed in this year's National Cancer Opinion Survey were unaware that alcohol is a well-established and modifiable risk factor for cancer, the authors noted.
Findings from trial of chimeric antigen receptor T cells targeting B-cell maturation protein demonstrated promising results.
ASCO and Cancer Care Ontario issued a joint update to guidelines for brachytherapy for prostate cancer that take into account new evidence.
ASCO offers global recommendations for HPV vaccination tailored to structural resource levels of regions.
CancerLinQ® Ambassadors Program is launched to provide support and guidance to practices participating in CancerLinQ®.
Zoledronic acid and clodranate are the recommended bisphosphonates for the adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal patients with breast cancer.
ASCO endorses ACS head and neck survivorship care guideline, which supports health promotion, especially regarding tobacco cessation and dental care.
Patients who speak to an oncology nurse prior to their first appointment are significantly more likely to be retained for their treatment.
A hematologic multidisciplinary oral chemotherapy clinic established at a community hospital identified adverse events early and reduced ED visits.
Among patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms, men with primary myelofibrosis diagnosed after 2006 are at the highest risk of developing secondary acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
ASCO has laid out a game plan to set the stage for incorporating new therapies and approaches into clinical guidelines as quickly and accurately as possible.
Researchers found tracking symptoms and alerting doctors to problems early led to longer survival for patients with lung cancer.
ASCO has published its first clinical practice guideline on invasive cervical cancer, and the guidelines are the first to offer treatment recommendations tailored to resource availability.
Three in four of young or middle-aged patients with terminal cancer receive aggressive therapies in their last months of life.
The American Society for Clinical Oncology has developed guidelines for the management and palliative care of women diagnosed with invasive cervical cancer.
ASCO Statement Seeks to Balance Prescription Opioids for Patients With Cancer and Misuse and Abuse PreventionMay 31, 2016
ASCO addresses the complex issues surrounding prescription opioids in a new policy statement. ASCO supports the efforts of multiple federal offices and agencies to prevent and respond to prescription drug abuse, and is also working to protect access to appropriate medical opioid therapy for patients with cancer.
Oncologists should raise awareness of HPV-related cancers and role of vaccinations
Guideline on muscle-invasive and metastatic bladder cancer, with qualifying statements
A new clinical practice guideline on the appropriate use of tests for breast tumor biomarkers was issued by ASCO.
Qualifications to guidelines include stronger statements in favor of chemotherapy in some cases.
Treating advanced melanoma patients with either a combination of nivolumab and ipilimumab, or nivolumab alone, significantly increases progression-free survival (PFS) when compared with ipilimumab alone.
Survival gains observed when elotuzumab was added to treatment.
Removing extra tissue can halve the chances of requiring a second surgery in breast cancer.
For some patients with advanced melanoma, surgical removal of the lymph nodes surrounding their tumor may not be needed.
Fewer side effects, longer survival for nivolumab versus docetaxel seen in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Significant clinical variations have been identified among patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
A preliminary Australian study saw association between nicotinamide and lower rates of non-melanoma skin cancers.
Researchers report 3 percent annual rise in intermediate- and high-risk cases
When active surveillance is chosen, survival for intermediate-risk disease may be decreased.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|