Data from the National Cancer Database are indicating that wait times from cancer diagnosis to initial treatment were substantially longer over a 5-year period.
Adding a second HER2-blocker to standard care therapy after surgery for HER2-positive breast cancer may be modestly beneficial for some women.
Phase 3 clinical trial results show fewer adverse effects and longer survival with alectinib compared with crizotinib in patients with treatment-naïve ALK-positive NSCLC.
A survey of men with prostate cancer revealed that treatment-related factors impact treatment decisions differently in black men compared with white men.
Findings from trial of chimeric antigen receptor T cells targeting B-cell maturation protein demonstrated promising results.
Older adults are underrepresented in clinical trials of cancer drugs, according to study findings presented at the 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting.
Children and adolescent patients with cancer are able to accurately report subjective adverse events (AEs) they experience during their cancer treatment, and they are willing to do so.
The medications so far show little efficacy in children with cancer, but new studies may provide clues to how to change this, pediatric oncologist says.
Small study also showed that pembrolizumab does not significant impair radiation or chemotherapy dosing.
Ovarian function recovery (OFR) in women with chemotherapy-induced ovarian function failure decreases residual 5-year disease-free and overall survival.
Study also provides evidence supporting an anti-tumor effect associated with a single preoperative dose of pembrolizumab.
Patients aged 80 years and older had a cancer incidence of 16% in 2013 yet made up only 4% of cancer drug clinical trial participants during 2005-2015.
Some men who undergo multigene testing for inherited prostate cancer misinterpret findings of variants of uncertain significance.
Study finds a correlation between various measures of neurocognitive function and health utility scores.
Older patients with cancer most frequently adhere to recommendations to see a dietitian for nutritional issues.
Greater symptom burden in hospitalized advanced cancer patients ups the likelihood of being discharged to a post-acute care facility or hospice.
A questionnaire added to intake forms at a breast cancer imaging center identified women with BRCA mutations who might otherwise have been missed.
A tool called iCanDecide prepares patients for making decision about treatment better than static online information, study finds.
Counseling current smokers and helping to direct their care may reduce lung cancer mortality in underserved low-income populations.
IBM Watson for Clinical Trial Matching compares study enrollment criteria with patient data in electronic medical records.
Addition of abiraterone to androgen deprivation therapy for patients with hormone-naïve advanced prostate cancer may be a new standard of care.
Five-year survival rate found similar to observation despite a significant improvement in disease-free interval.
Children with extramedullary relapse of CD19+ acute lymphoblastic leukemia experienced a potent and durable response to the immunotherapy.
Study of patients with resected high-risk melanoma reveals higher rates of treatment-related adverse events with 10 vs 3 mg/kg.
Male breast cancer patients are less likely than their female counterparts to receive adjuvant hormone therapy and postlumpectomy radiation.
A chart review reveals 3 cases of CML developing in patients with diagnoses of ET and PV.
Study compared FOLFOXIRI/bevacizumab and FOLFOX/bevacizumab in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.
Biosimilars and originator trastuzumab neoadjuvant therapy had a comparable effect on pathologic complete response rates.
After lymphodepletion in patients with advanced HER2+ sarcoma, T cells expanded in 5 of 6 patients who received infusions of HER2-CAR T cells.
Study implicates higher doses of cardiac radiotherapy and exposure to high-dose anthracyclines.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|