Generic Name and Formulations:
Anastrozole 1mg; tabs.
Indications for ARIMIDEX:
In postmenopausal women: adjuvant treatment of hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer; first-line treatment of hormone receptor-positive or unknown locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer; advanced breast cancer with disease progression after tamoxifen therapy.
1mg once daily. Advanced disease: continue until tumor progression.
Women who are or may become pregnant. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Pre-existing ischemic heart disease. Severe hepatic impairment. Monitor bone mineral density, cholesterol. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antagonized by tamoxifen, estrogens; do not give concomitantly.
Hot flashes, asthenia, arthritis, pain, arthralgia, pharyngitis, hypertension, depression, nausea, vomiting, rash, osteoporosis, fractures, back pain, insomnia, headache, peripheral edema, lymphedema, dyspnea, dizziness, paresthesia, vaginal bleeding, cough, hypercholesterolemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: Hemophilia A
- Guideline Recommendations Offer No OS Benefit for Younger Patients With Rectal Cancer
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: von Willebrand Disease
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|