ARCAPTA NEOHALER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indacaterol 75mcg; inhalation pwd hard capsules for use with Neohaler device.
Indications for ARCAPTA NEOHALER:
Long-term maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in patients with COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
For oral inhalation use only with Neohaler device; do not swallow caps. Remove cap from blister pack immediately before use. Inhale contents of one 75mcg cap daily.
LABA use in asthma patients without use of long-term control medication.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Not recommended for treating asthma or acute deteriorations of COPD. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for primary treatment of acute symptoms. Prescribe a short-acting β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Hypokalemia. Hyperglycemia. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Severe hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Avoid other sympathomimetics (except short-acting bronchodilators). Extreme caution with MAOIs, tricyclics, others that prolong QTc interval. Antagonized by β-blockers. K+-depleting diuretics, theophylline, aminophylline, steroids may potentiate hypokalemia.
Long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
Cough, oropharyngeal pain, nasopharyngitis, headache, nausea; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue immediately and use alternative therapy).
Blister pack—30 + one Neohaler device
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|