ARCAPTA NEOHALER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indacaterol 75mcg; inhalation pwd hard capsules for use with Neohaler device.
Indications for ARCAPTA NEOHALER:
Long-term maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in patients with COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
For oral inhalation use only with Neohaler device; do not swallow caps. Remove cap from blister pack immediately before use. Inhale contents of one 75mcg cap daily.
LABA use in asthma patients without use of long-term control medication.
Long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonists increase the risk of asthma-related death.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Not recommended for treating asthma or acute deteriorations of COPD. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for primary treatment of acute symptoms. Prescribe a short-acting β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Hypokalemia. Hyperglycemia. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Severe hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
See Contraindications. Avoid other sympathomimetics (except short-acting bronchodilators). Extreme caution with MAOIs, tricyclics, others that prolong QTc interval. Antagonized by β-blockers. K+-depleting diuretics, theophylline, aminophylline, steroids may potentiate hypokalemia.
Cough, oropharyngeal pain, nasopharyngitis, headache, nausea; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue immediately and use alternative therapy).
Blister pack—30 + one Neohaler device
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|