Study evaluates the incidence of post-traumatic stress disorder in patients with cancer from diagnosis through survivorship.
A longitudinal study assessed psychological status of postoperative patients with breast cancer between adjuvant chemotherapy for anxiety and depression.
Questionnaires completed before and after a clinic visit revealed the potential anxiety of patients during the diagnosis and treatment planning phases of their cancer journey.
Some patients undergoing radiation therapy may experience traumatic symptoms if they had a prior experience that triggered their "fight, flight, or freeze" response. Somatic experiencing may help these patients manage their symptoms during their radiation treatments.
Participants with high risk of depression reported lower mood disturbance, anxiety, depression following intervention.
Lorazepam plus haloperidol is more effective than haloperidol alone at reducing agitation, study finds.
'Conquer Fear' decreased fear among survivors of breast and colorectal cancer and melanoma compared with relaxation techniques.
In this study, researchers measured the psychological manifestations among patients with BCR-ABL-negative MPNs to determine the effects of anxiety, distress, and depression on symptom burden in this patient population.
Clinicians May Want To Address Emotional Stress to Prevent Overtreatment of Localized Prostate CancerJanuary 30, 2017
Some men with low-risk prostate cancer may opt for more aggressive treatments due to emotional distress.
Using the Kessler nonspecific mental/psychological distress scale, investigators examined whether AYA cancer survivor experienced greater mental distress and assessed their access to mental health care.
Nearly 25% to 33% of family caregivers of patients with advanced cancers report high levels of anxiety and depression symptoms, as well as significant time providing care.
Massage therapy may be promising for reducing the intensity/severity of pain, fatigue, and anxiety in patients with cancer.
Stepped care is effective and reduces recovery time among patients with head and neck cancer or lung cancer and untreated psychological distress.
A recent study examined depression and anxiety among family caregivers of patients with incurable cancer and sought to identify factors linked to these symptoms.
Hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT)-related concerns at the time of hospital discharge predict increases in depression but not in anxiety.
A reduction in anxiety scores preoperatively with live or recorded music was observed vs usual care.
Is a comparison guide for common medications used for side-effect management, such as constipation, nausea, anxiety, etc. that includes a cost comparison available?
Music therapy improves anxiety, depression, pain, and fatigue in patients with cancer.
A study evaluating the effectiveness of aromatherapy as a complementary/alternative modality for reducing anxiety in women undergoing CNB was presented at the Oncology Nursing Society 39th Annual Congress.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|