ANORO ELLIPTA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Umeclidinium 62.5mcg, vilanterol 25mcg; per inhalation; dry pwd for oral inhalation.
Indications for ANORO ELLIPTA:
Long-term maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema. Limitations of use: not indicated for relief of acute bronchospasm or for treatment of asthma.
1 inhalation once daily.
Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Do not initiate in rapidly or acutely deteriorating COPD. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for use with other long-acting β2-agonists. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs; use alternative therapy. Cardiovascular disorders (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Prostatic hyperplasia. Bladder-neck obstruction. Risk of hypokalemia or hyperglycemia. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Anticholinergic + long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
Caution with concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, ritonavir, clarithromycin, conivaptan, indinavir, itraconazole, lopinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, saquinavir, telithromycin, troleandomycin, voriconazole), MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, drugs known to prolong the QT interval or within 2 weeks of discontinuing such agents (increased cardiac effects), K+-depleting diuretics. Antagonized by β-blockers; if needed, consider cardioselective agents. Additive effects with concomitant other anticholinergic-containing drugs; avoid.
Pharyngitis, sinusitis, lower respiratory tract infection, constipation, diarrhea, pain in extremity, muscle spasms, neck and chest pain; risk of asthma-related death.
Dry pwd inhaler—30 doses
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|