Generic Name and Formulations:
Flucytosine 250mg, 500mg; caps.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for ANCOBON:
In combination with amphotericin B: Candida infections in septicemia, endocarditis, UTIs and pulmonary infections; cryptococcus infections in meningitis, pulmonary, septicemia, and UTIs.
Adults and Children:
50–150mg/kg per day given in divided doses every 6 hours. To minimize GI upset, give a few capsules at a time over 15 minutes. Renal impairment: give initial dose at lower range.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor electrolytes, blood count, renal and hepatic function before and during therapy. Bone marrow depression (eg, hematologic disease, history or currently treated with radiation or bone marrow depressants). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antagonized by cytosine arabinoside. May be potentiated by drugs that impair glomerular filtration.
Cardiac events, chest pain, dyspnea, GI upset, abdominal pain, hepatic dysfunction, elevated creatinine and BUN, blood dyscrasias, ataxia, headache, confusion, fatigue, hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, rash, allergic reactions, others.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|