A multivariable analysis revealed how median household income influences cancer-specific and overall survival among patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the anus.
This fact sheet examines possible links between human papillomaviruses (HPVs) and cancer.
The top reasons for not initiating HPV vaccination are necessity, safety, and knowledge, rather than a lack of discussions on sexuality.
Clinical trial results are promising for the use of nivolumab to treat squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal, according to data presented at the 2016 American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting.
Anal cancer is associated with human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, and some women are at increased likelihood of have both diseases.
Human papillomavirus type 16 seropositivity is fairly common before an anal cancer diagnosis, according to a study, and seropositivity tends to increase in blood samples drawn closer to time of cancer diagnosis.
Human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 (HPV16) seropositivity is relatively common in people prior to receiving a diagnosis of anal cancer.
High incidence compared to general population, especially for men who have sex with men.
Colostomy-free survival not improved in patients with locally advanced anal canal carcinoma.
Compared with the general population, recipients of a kidney, liver, heart, or lung transplant have twice as great a risk for diverse infection-related and unrelated cancers.
A quadrivalent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine to prevent anal cancer was shown to be safe and effective in a trial of healthy men who have sex with men.
A novel chemoradiation regimen for the treatment of anal cancer is proven to have fewer significant side effects than conventional therapy.
The FDA has approved the vaccine Gardasil for the prevention of anal cancer and associated precancerous lesions caused by HPV for males and females aged 9 through 26 years.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib Combination Receives FDA Approval for Mutation-Positive Melanoma
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- Certain Risk Factors May Decrease Overall Survival in Pediatric B-NHL
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|