Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciclesonide 80mcg/inh, 160mcg/inh; metered dose aerosol.
Indications for ALVESCO:
Maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy in patients ≥12 years of age.
Previously on bronchodilators alone: initially 80mcg twice daily, max 160mcg twice daily. Previously on inhaled corticosteroids: initially 80mcg twice daily; max 320mcg twice daily. Previously on oral corticosteroids (see literature): 320mcg twice daily. Rinse mouth after use; avoid eyes.
Not for primary treatment of acute attack.
Infections. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider immuneglobulin prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with inhaled corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude). Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur reduce dose gradually). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for changes in vision, increased intraocular pressure, cataracts. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Headache, nasopharyngitis, sinusitis, throat pain, upper respiratory infection, arthralgia, nasal congestion, back pain; rare: bronchospasm, immunosuppression, glaucoma, cataracts, oral candidiasis, decreased bone mineral density.
Inhaler—6.1g (60 inh)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|