Alprazolam Intensol CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Alprazolam 1mg/mL; oral soln (concentrate).
West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corp.
Indications for Alprazolam Intensol:
Mix with liquid or semi-solid food. Adjust at intervals of at least 3–4 days. ≥18yrs: initially 0.25–0.5mg 3 times daily; max 4mg daily in divided doses. Elderly, debilitated, or advanced liver disease: initially 0.25mg 2–3 times daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Acute narrow angle glaucoma. Concomitant itraconazole, ketoconazole.
Not for use in untreated open-angle glaucoma. Reevaluate periodically. Change dose gradually. Withdrawal symptoms on abrupt cessation or dose reduction. Suicidal ideation. Psychosis. Mania. Renal, cardiovascular, hepatic, pulmonary dysfunction (monitor). Obesity. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications; other azole antifungals: not recommended. Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, psychotropics, anticonvulsants, other CNS depressants. Potentiated by CYP3A inhibitors; reduce alprazolam dose; caution with cimetidine, nefazodone, fluvoxamine; caution with weaker CYP3A inhibitors (eg, fluoxetine, propoxyphene, oral contraceptives). Antagonized by CYP3A inducers (eg, carbamazepine). May increase levels of imipramine, desipramine.
CNS depression; impaired memory, coordination, or attention; dysarthria, ataxia, arthralgia, dyspnea, paradoxical excitement, increased salivation, withdrawal seizures, tremors, decreased libido, sexual dysfunction.
Soln—30mL (w. dropper)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|