ALPHANINE SD Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX (human) 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 1500 IU; per vial; lyophilized concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains non-therapeutic Factor II, Factor VII, Factor X.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for ALPHANINE SD:
Prevention and control of bleeding in Hemophilia B.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor IX increase × 1 IU/kg. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Mild hemorrhage: increase FIX 20–30% (20–30 IU/kg twice daily) for 1–2 days or until resolved. Moderate hemorrhage: increase FIX 25–50% (25–50 IU/kg twice daily) for 2–7 days. Major hemorrhage: increase FIX 50% (30–50 IU/kg twice daily) for 3–5 days then maintain at 20% (20 IU/kg twice daily) for up to 10 days. Surgery: pre-op: increase FIX 50–100% (50–100 IU/kg twice daily), then maintain at 50–100% for 7–10 days or until healed.
Not for treating Factor II, VII, or X deficiencies; Hemophilia A with Factor VIII inhibitors, or reversal of coumarin-induced hemorrhage. Contains human plasma; monitor for transmission of infectious diseases. Previously untreated patients: closely monitor for signs of anaphylaxis between days 10 and 20 of exposure. Immune tolerance induction. Major deletion mutations in Factor IX gene. Liver disease. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Chills, nausea, inj site reactions; hypersensitivity reactions, thrombosis, disseminated intravascular coagulation.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by AlphaNine SD to (888) 675-2762.
Single-use vials—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|