Generic Name and Formulations:
Orlistat 60mg; caps.
Indications for ALLI:
Adjunct to reduced-calorie, low-fat diet for weight loss in overweight adults.
≥18yrs: 1 cap with each fat-containing meal. Max: 180mg/day. Also, take a multivitamin once daily at bedtime.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Organ transplant. Chronic malabsorption syndrome. Cholestasis.
Gallbladder disorder. Pancreatitis. Kidney stones. Seizures. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant cyclosporine: not recommended. May decrease absorption of fat-soluble vitamins; supplement diet with a multivitamin (separate dosing by at least 2 hours). Variable effects when concomitant anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), amiodarone, antidiabetics, antiepileptics, antiretrovirals, thyroid drugs, or other weight loss products; monitor and dose adjustments may be needed.
GI effects (oily spotting, flatus with discharge, fecal urgency, fatty/oily stools, oily evacuation, increased defecation, fecal incontinence); rare: hepatic injury.
Caps—60, 90, 120, 170
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|