ALFERON N Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Interferon alfa-n3 (human leukocyte derived) 5million IU/mL; inj; contains albumin (human).
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.
Indications for ALFERON N:
Refractory genital warts.
≥18yrs: 0.05mL (250,000 IU) injected into the base of each wart twice weekly; max 8 wks. Max dose per session: 0.5mL (2.5million IU). Wait 3 months before retreatment unless warts enlarge or new warts develop.
<18 yrs: not recommended.
Mouse immunoglobulin, egg protein, or neomycin allergy.
Cardiovascular or severe pulmonary disease. Coagulation or seizure disorders. Severe myelosuppression. Use effective contraception during treatment. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|