Generic Name and Formulations:
Naproxen sodium 220mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 120mg; ext-rel tabs; contains sodium 22mg/caplet.
Indications for ALEVE-D:
Nasal congestion, sinus pressure, headache, fever, minor aches and pains.
Swallow whole. Take with fluids. 1 caplet every 12hrs. Max 2 caplets/24hrs.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding (esp. ≥60yrs old). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Dehydration. Diabetes. GU obstruction. Reevaluate if nasal congestion worsens or lasts >7 days or fever persists or worsens >3 days. Elderly. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs (see Contraindications). β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. May potentiate anticoagulants, CNS stimulants. Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics.
NSAID (arylacetic acid deriv.) + sympathomimetic.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia; GI upset/bleed, feel faint, rash, redness, difficulty swallowing, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, chest pain, weakness, slurred speech, leg swelling), allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|