Generic Name and Formulations:
Tirofiban (as HCl monohydrate) 50mcg/mL; per bag or vial; soln for IV infusion; 250mcg/mL; per vial; soln for IV bolus.
Medicure Pharma, Inc.
Indications for AGGRASTAT:
To reduce the rate of thrombotic cardiovascular events (combined endpoint of death, MI, or refractory ischemia/repeat cardiac procedure) in patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome.
May give bolus dose via a syringe or IV pump. Administer 25mcg/kg intravenously within 5mins and then 0.15mcg/kg/min via IV infusion pump for up to 18hrs. Renal impairment (CrCl ≤60mL/min): 25mcg/kg intravenously within 5mins and then 0.075mcg/kg/min for up to 18hrs.
Within previous 30 days: active internal bleeding, bleeding diathesis, major surgery, or severe physical trauma. History of thrombocytopenia after previous tirofiban therapy.
Monitor platelet counts 6hrs after initiation and daily thereafter. If platelet decreases to <90,000/mm3, monitor to exclude pseudothrombocytopenia. Discontinue tirofiban (and heparin) if thrombocytopenia confirmed. Previous exposure to a GP IIb/IIIa blocker may increase risk of thrombocytopenia. Minimize other arterial and venous punctures, IM injections, catheter use, nasotracheal intubation to lower bleeding risk. Severe renal insufficiency. Hemodialysis. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of bleeding with concomitant fibrinolytics, anticoagulants, antiplatelets.
Bleeding (may be fatal), pelvic pain, bradycardia, coronary artery dissection; thrombocytopenia, anaphylaxis.
Premixed bag (100mL, 250mL)—1; Premixed vial (100mL)—1; Premixed bolus vial (15mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|