AFEDITAB CR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nifedipine 30mg, 60mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for AFEDITAB CR:
Swallow whole. Initially 30mg once daily, titrate over 7–14 days; usual maintenance dose: 30–60mg once daily; max 90mg/day.
Aortic stenosis. Angina. Severe obstructive coronary artery disease. Heart failure. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypotension, angina and heart failure possible with β-blockers (esp. timolol). Potentiated by quinidine (monitor heart rate; adjust dose); diltiazem, verapamil, doxazosin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, fluconazole, cimetidine, quinupristin/dalfopristin, erythromycin, nefazodone, valproic acid, (reduce nifedipine dose); amprenavir, atazanavir, delavirine, fosamprenavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, grapefruit juice (avoid). Antagonized by rifampin, rifapentine, phenytoin, phenobarbitone, carbamazepine, St. John's Wort. Potentiates digoxin, tacrolimus (monitor). Antagonizes doxazosin. Hypotension possible with fentanyl. Monitor oral anticoagulants. Hyperglycemia with acarbose.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Headache, flushing/heat sensation, fatigue, dizziness, constipation, nausea, edema; rare: increased angina, acute MI.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|