This page provides information about cancer advocacy and links to advocacy groups and organizations.
American Cancer Society Action Network is the leading cancer advocacy organization. Its Web site provides information on joining federal and state campaigns, news briefs on advocacy developments, advocacy resources, and event listings.
American Society of Clinical Oncology provides a list of advocacy tools and information.
Black Women's Health Imperative is an advocacy and leadership-development organization that provides information, educational materials, news, and other resources related to health issues facing black women.
C3: Colorectal Cancer Coalition promotes research for better screening, diagnosis, and treatment of colorectal cancer and encourages policy changes through grassroots campaigns.
The Center for Patient Partnerships offers information about diagnosis and treatment options, work-related issues, and insurance issues.
Colon Cancer Alliance provides patient support (including patient matching program and helpline), education, research, and advocacy.
Friends of Cancer Research is a nonprofit organization that helps speed progress toward better tools to prevent, detect, and treat cancer. It helps educate the public about cancer awareness.
Intercultural Cancer Council aims to eliminate the unequal burden cancer has on racial and ethnic minorities and medically underserved groups in the United States.
International Union Against Cancer is a global association of cancer-fighting organizations. It offers an international network of patient advocacy groups as well as education about cancer and how to control its spread.
LIVESTRONG Web site lists programs and partnerships aimed at increasing awareness, outreach, and collaboration to improve the cancer experience. It also contains resources about how to support health care professionals and community leaders with information about cancer.
Marti Nelson Cancer Foundation aims to make effective and safe cancer treatments available to all patients and provides free information on treatment options, clinical trials, and experimental drugs.
National Asian Women's Health Organization aims to raise awareness of the health needs of Asian-American women and provides a list of Asian-language resources.
National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the United States. This online page lists resources and events about advocating for quality cancer care in your community and at the federal level.
Patient Advocate Foundation is a national nonprofit organization that helps ensure patient access to care, employment, and financial stability.
Prevent Cancer Foundation focuses on advancing cancer research and provides fellowships for early-career scientists. The organization also advocates for cancer patients by lobbying at the federal level.
Research Advocacy Network concentrates on education, support, and connecting cancer patients with researchers to improve patient care and shorten the length of time it takes for research results to reach community practice.
South Carolina Cancer Alliance helps to reduce the impact of cancer on all people in South Carolina by eliminating disparities in access, prevention, and care.
The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults offers educational programs, outreach programs to help educate communities about cancer, and a scholarship fund for teens and young adults.
Conversations is an online newsletter about ovarian cancer advocacy that provides information and focuses on increasing cancer research and funding.
For a list of teal nail polish brands (teal is the ovarian cancer awareness color) and campaign ideas, visit Teal Toes.
Teal Tea lists ovarian cancer advocacy events the organization hosts, such as tea and ice cream social fundraisers
Teal Diva sells ovarian cancer awareness t-shirts and posts awareness events.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA: Number of U.S. Women With Breast Implant-Caused Cancer Has Increased
- NIH Establishes Educational Program on Genomics, Genetics for Oncology Nurses
- Immunotherapy for HER2-positive Breast Cancer: Recent Advances and Combination Therapeutic Approaches
- A Review of Clinical Outcomes in Patients With Early-Stage Burkitt Lymphoma
- USPSTF Still Recommends Against Pancreatic Cancer Screening
- Oncology Nurse Navigation Facilitates Timely Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer
- Oncology Nurses Weigh In on Their Patient-Centered Communication Practices, Needs
- Substitute for Lidocaine
- CART cell therapy for prostate cancer: status and promise
- Shifting Dynamics of Social Support After a Cancer Diagnosis
- Survey Demonstrates Implicit Bias Toward Cervical Cancer Diagnoses Among Nurses, Women
- Use of Watchful Waiting Up for Low-Risk Localized Prostate Cancer
- Sharing Personal Contact Information With Patients
- Country-Specific Norms Created for Cancer-Related Quality of Life
- Nurse-Led vs Oncologist-Led Breast Cancer Follow-up Program: Early Feasibility Results of an Ongoing Study
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|