ADVIL PM LIQUI-GELS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen (solubilized) 200mg, diphenhydramine HCl 25mg.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ADVIL PM LIQUI-GELS:
Relief of occasional sleeplessness when associated with minor aches and pains.
2 caplets or liqui-gels at bedtime. Max 2 caplets or liqui-gels/24hrs.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. Unless sufficient time for a full night's sleep. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery. Sleeplessness without pain. Concomitant with other diphenhydramine-containing products (including topicals).
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding (esp. ≥60yrs old). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Respiratory disorders (eg, emphysema, bronchitis). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Reevaluate if pain persists or worsens after >10 days or sleeplessness persists continuously >2 weeks. Elderly. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers.
Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics. Additive effects with other antihistamines, anticholinergics, sedatives, tranquilizers, or any other sleep-aid.
NSAID + hypnotic (anticholinergic).
Drowsiness, GI upset/bleed, rash, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, feel faint, slurred speech), redness, swelling, allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Caplets—20, 40, 80, 120 (orig or EZ open); Liqui-Gels—20, 40, 80
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|