ADVIL ALLERGY SINUS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen 200mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg; coated-caplets.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ADVIL ALLERGY SINUS:
Nasal congestion, sinus pressure, rhinorrhea, headache, minor aches and pains, fever.
Take with food. 1 caplet every 4–6hrs; max 6 caplets/24hrs.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding (esp. ≥60yrs old). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Respiratory disorders (eg, emphysema, bronchitis). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Reevaluate if fever persists or worsens >3 days or nasal congestion lasts >7 days. Elderly. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Caution with diuretics. Avoid aspirin, pseudoephedrine- or chlorpheniramine-containing products, or other pain relievers, nasal decongestants, antihistamines. Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAIDs, ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use.
NSAID + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, GI upset/bleed, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, feel faint, slurred speech), redness, swelling, allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|