ADALAT CC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nifedipine 30mg, 60mg, 90mg; ext rel tabs.
Indications for ADALAT CC:
Swallow whole on empty stomach. Initially 30mg once daily. Usual maintenance: 30–60mg once daily. Titrate over 7–14 days; max 90mg/day.
Aortic stenosis. Angina. Severe obstructive coronary artery disease. Heart failure. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates antihypertensives, digoxin, tacrolimus. Angina and heart failure possible with β-blockers. Potentiated by cimetidine, doxazosin, ketoconazole, valproic acid, grapefruit juice, other CYP3A4 inhibitors. Antagonized by rifampin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, St. John's wort, other CYP3A4 inducers. Monitor oral anticoagulants, quinidine. Hypotension possible with fentanyl.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Peripheral edema, headache, flushing, dizziness, fatigue, constipation, muscle cramps, rash; exacerbation of angina, heart failure (rare).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|