Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
Using a longitudinal parallel-process model, researchers evaluated the impact of physical activity on symptoms, physical activity, and cognitive function in children with ALL undergoing chemotherapy.
A population study of a PETALE cohort demonstrated an association between functional health domains and psychological risk in adolescent and adult survivors of cALL.
A retrospective chart review was conducted to determine if adding lorazepam to granisetron would improve CINV prevention in pediatric patients with newly diagnosed ALL.
Accelerated approval was granted by the FDA based on the results of a single-arm trial.
The US FDA approved expanding the indications for the agent to include pediatric and adult patients with B-cell precursor ALL who have minimal residual disease during or after treatment.
Inotuzumab ozogamicin (InO) use may have quality of life benefits for patients with R/R B-cell ALL, as well as producing improved clinical outcomes.
A previous single-site trial showed that patients with R/R B-cell ALL treated with tisagenlecleucel achieved high complete remission rates. In this study, investigators report on results after the scope of the study was expanded.
1. Patients with a higher disease burden of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) treated with CD19-specific chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy experienced greater incidences of cytotoxic release syndrome and neurotoxicity compared to low disease burden patients. 2. Patients with high disease burden had shorter overall survival times compared to low disease burden patients. Evidence 
Recent study findings investigated the economic burden of patients with relapsed Ph-negative ALL, and the adverse events of special interest that are most likely to have the greatest impact. These findings were presented at ASH 2017.
Despite its high response rate, researchers are finding that patients with endothelial activation prior to lymphodepletion chemotherapy are at greater risk of neurologic adverse events after undergoing CAR T-cell therapy for relapsed/refractory B-ALL, CLL, or NHL.
The first FDA approval of a CAR T cell therapy is granted for the treatment of B-cell precursor ALL. FDA also approves rheumatoid arthritis medication for the management of cytokine release syndrome, a common and serious adverse effect of CAR T cell therapy
Inotuzumab ozogamicin (Besponsa), an antibody-drug conjugate comprised of a monoclonal antibody that targets CD22 linked to the cytotoxic agent calicheamicin, was granted FDA approval for the treatment of R/R B-cell precursor ALL.
In this review, investigators discuss current and emerging treatments for acute lymphocytic leukemia and acute myeloid leukemia in pediatric patients.
Children with extramedullary relapse of CD19+ acute lymphoblastic leukemia experienced a potent and durable response to the immunotherapy.
The site of cancer care may partially explain survival differences between children and AYAs with ALL.
Pediatric patients and their parents tend to overestimate adherence to anticancer medicine regimen.
Two infants with advanced acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) achieved full remission following gene therapy involving modified autologous CAR-T cells.
Study results indicate that herpetic cytomegalovirus infection prior to birth subjects the child to increased odds of developing pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Data on neutropenia and infection-related complications in patients with ALL are lacking; therefore, this study focused on identifying the characteristics and risk factors of infection-related complications in children with newly diagnosed ALL.
Internalizing, Externalizing Behavioral Problems a Significant Postdiagnosis Concern in Children With CancerOctober 11, 2016
Children with cancer are at risk for developing behavioral problems after diagnosis.
Hyperfractionated cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, and dexamethasone (hyper-CVAD) plus ponatinib appears to be superior to hyper-CVAD plus dasatinib for the frontline treatment of patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive ALL.
A study examined the impact of post-transplant maintenance TKIs on patients with Ph+ acute lymphoblastic leukemia and chronic myeloid leukemia.
Event-free survival for adult patients with ALL has improved from 40% to 73% with the implementation of the NOPHO ALL 2008 protocol in July 2008.
Overall survival for patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) was nearly doubled to 7.8 months from 4.0 months by treating patients with blinatumomab compared with standard of care.
Pediatric patients with ALL treated with methotrexate can experience challenges with mental flexibility and organization compared with expectations from the general population.
Response to T-cell Immunotherapy Promising for Patients With Advanced B-cell Acute Lymphocytic LeukemiaMay 20, 2016
Remission was achieved for 27 of 29 patients with advanced B cell acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) in an early phase trial of CAR T cells.
[Clinical Oncology in Adolescents and Young Adults] This research reviews the outcomes with chemotherapy alone and with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and examines the challenges faced in determining the best therapy for the adolescents and young adult patient population.
Anxiety and Depressive Symptoms Are Increased in Pediatric Survivors of Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaApril 04, 2016
Emotional distress during and after undergoing chemotherapy for ALL affects a significant percentage of children with the disease.
A subtype-specific weakness of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL) could enable improved treatment, according to results from a a recent study using a mouse model.
Study Findings Show Possible Association Between PreLabor Cesarean Delivery and Risk for ALL in Young ChildrenMarch 16, 2016
The finding that prelabor cesarean delivery may have a correlation with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) may offer new targets for research into preventing cancer.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|