Acupuncture may represent an effective adjuvant therapy in the management of joint pain associated with aromatase inhibitor treatment in postmenopausal women with breast cancer.
A meta-analysis of studies determined the effectiveness of acupuncture in relieving cancer-related fatigue in patients with cancer, comparing the alternative treatment with sham acupuncture, typical care, and American ginseng.
Acupuncture was found to improve cancer-related fatigue in patients with lung cancer in as little as 2 weeks, according to results of a double-blind randomized clinical study.
Infrared laser moxibustion, an infrared laser treatment combined with a traditional acupuncture modality, appears safe and effective in relieving cancer-related fatigue.
Relaxing acupressure resulted in significant improvement in persistent fatigue, sleep quality, and quality of life among survivors of breast cancer, a recent study has shown.
Researchers identified the benefits of exercise therapy and electro-acupuncture in breast cancer survivors.
Electroacupuncture may reduce comorbid symptoms of pain in women with breast cancer who have aromatase inhibitor-related arthralgia, according to research.
Use of electroacupuncture produces significant improvements in fatigue, anxiety, and depression in as little as 8 weeks for patients with early stage breast cancer patients experiencing joint pain related to the use of AIs to treat breast cancer.
Acupuncture has been shown to relieve many side effects of chemotherapy.
No significant difference in outcomes seen for patients treated with real or sham acupuncture; both groups saw improvement.
Improvements also seen in quality of life after six weeks of treatment.
The ancient Chinese medical practice can relieve the symptoms of dry mouth in patients undergoing radiotherapy, according to the largest trial yet to investigate this effect. Radiotherapy for head and neck cancer often produces this unpleasant and distressing side effect because patients' salivary glands are damaged by radiotherapy.
The variety of options available to help patients manage their pain can improve quality of life during and after cancer treatment.
Various activities can help patients cope with cancer and its treatments. These techniques should not replace medical care, but they can enhance patients' quality of life.
The ancient Eastern medicinal art can relieve one of the most distressing effects of cancer and cancer treatment: fatigue.
Acupuncture may be beneficial in patients experiencing a range of cancer symptoms.
Acupuncture has been shown to be effective for radiation-induced xerostomia in a small pilot study. It involved 19 patients who received acupuncture twice a week for four weeks and were assessed using xerostomia inventory and patient benefit questionnaire scores.
Reviews the growing body of evidence of the role of acupuncture in pain management in cancer and palliative care.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|