ACULAR LS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketorolac tromethamine 0.4%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for ACULAR LS:
Ocular pain and burning/stinging after corneal refractive surgery.
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: not established. ≥3yrs: 1 drop 4 times daily as needed for up to 4 days post-op.
Do not administer while wearing contacts. Bleeding tendencies. Complicated or repeat ocular surgeries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Diabetes. Rheumatoid arthritis. May delay wound healing. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Hypersensitivity to aspirin. History of asthma. Pregnancy (Cat.C): avoid in late pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May potentiate oral anticoagulants.
Transient stinging, burning, conjunctival hyperemia, corneal infiltrates, headache, ocular edema, ocular pain/inflammation/irritation, superficial keratitis or infections, allergic reactions, increased ocular bleeding (including hyphemas).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|