Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadofosveset trisodium 244mg/mL (0.25mmol/mL); soln for IV inj.
Lantheus Medical Imaging
Indications for ABLAVAR:
For use as a contrast agent in magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to evaluate aortoiliac occlusive disease (AIOD) in adults with known or suspected peripheral vascular disease.
Give as IV bolus inj over 30 seconds followed by 25–30mL normal saline flush. 0.12mL/kg (0.03mmol/kg). See full labeling for imaging guidelines.
<18yrs: not established.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2), acute kidney injury: increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; avoid unless necessary, allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function (eg, >60yrs, hypertension, diabetes). Anaphylactoid reaction possible (may be fatal); discontinue immediately if occurs; have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of drug reactions, asthma, allergy or other hypersensitivity disorders. Risk of QTc prolongation; consider obtaining baseline ECG to assess risk, consider follow up ECG and risk reduction measures until contrast agent eliminated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Caution with concomitant drugs that bind to albumin.
Pruritus, headache, nausea, vasodilation, paresthesia, inj site bruising, dysgeusia, burning sensation, venipuncture site bruise, hypertension, dizziness, feeling cold; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vials (10mL, 15mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|