Addition of abiraterone to androgen deprivation therapy for patients with hormone-naïve advanced prostate cancer may be a new standard of care.
Men with mCRPC who had not undergone previous chemotherapy reported delayed pain progression and prolonged health-related quality of life with abiraterone acetate plus prednisone, compared with prednisone alone.
The FDA has expanded the indication for abiraterone acetate (Zytiga tablets) to combat metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
Optimal treatment of older patients with recurrent prostate cancer now involves more of a decision process than in the past, say the authors of a review article in the journal Drugs & Aging.
Certain analyses of cancer cells isolated from the blood could guide decisions about the ideal treatment for a patient with metastatic prostate cancer who has stopped responding to initial therapy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|