These pointers can help oncology nurses broach the topics of fertility and family planning with patients with cancer or the parents of pediatric patients with cancer.
The objective of this initiative was to identify gaps in oncology clinicians' knowledge, competence, and performance with respect to treatment of geriatric patients with cancer, whether in an academic medical center or community setting.
Some of my oncology nurse colleagues give patients their personal cell phone numbers. Sometimes I feel like I'm the odd one for not giving my number when patients ask if they can text me. Am I behind the times?
What is the importance of the amino acid solution given before lutetium Lu 177 dotatate? Which is the difference between a specially compounded solution and a standard solution?
What options are available to minimize the pain associated with goserelin injections?
This fact sheet reviews secondhand smoke composition, links between secondhand smoke and cancer, and secondhand smoke emitted from electronic cigarettes.
This fact sheet reviews the use of hormone therapy in breast cancer therapy and possible side effects of treatment.
Challenges Faced by Oncology Nurses
Eucharia Borden, MSW, LCSW, OSW-C
Ann J. Brady, MSN, RN-BC, CHPN
Jiajoyce R. Conway, DNP, CRNP, AOCNP
Marianne Davies, DNP, ACNP, AOCNP
Frank dela Rama, RN, MS, AOCNS
Donald R. Fleming, MD
Leah A. Scaramuzzo, MSN, RN-BC, AOCN
Lisa A. Thompson, PharmD, BCOP
Rosemarie A. Tucci, RN, MSN, AOCN
Kara M.L. Yannotti, MMH, BSN, RN, CCRP
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA: Number of U.S. Women With Breast Implant-Caused Cancer Has Increased
- NIH Establishes Educational Program on Genomics, Genetics for Oncology Nurses
- Immunotherapy for HER2-positive Breast Cancer: Recent Advances and Combination Therapeutic Approaches
- Some Obesity-Related Cancers Increasing in Younger Adults
- Less Diversity in PROM Systems Could Improve Assessing Their Practicality for Cancer Patients, Clinicians
- Oncology Nurse Navigation Facilitates Timely Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer
- Oncology Nurses Weigh In on Their Patient-Centered Communication Practices, Needs
- Substitute for Lidocaine
- CART cell therapy for prostate cancer: status and promise
- Shifting Dynamics of Social Support After a Cancer Diagnosis
- Survey Demonstrates Implicit Bias Toward Cervical Cancer Diagnoses Among Nurses, Women
- Use of Watchful Waiting Up for Low-Risk Localized Prostate Cancer
- Sharing Personal Contact Information With Patients
- Country-Specific Norms Created for Cancer-Related Quality of Life
- Nurse-Led vs Oncologist-Led Breast Cancer Follow-up Program: Early Feasibility Results of an Ongoing Study
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|