Generic Name and Formulations:
Ceftolozane, tazobactam; 1.5g/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free; contains sodium chloride 487mg/vial.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZERBAXA:
Susceptible complicated intra-abdominal infections in combination with metronidazole and complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis.
Give by IV infusion over 1 hour. ≥18yrs (CrCl >50mL/min): complicated intra-abdominal infections: usually 1.5g every 8hrs for 4–14 days with IV metronidazole 500mg every 8hrs; complicated urinary tract infections: 1.5g every 8hrs for 7 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–50mL/min): 750mg every 8hrs; (CrCl 15–29mL/min): 375mg every 8hrs; ESRD on hemodialysis: 750mg loading dose, followed by 150mg maintenance dose every 8hrs for remainder of treatment (give on dialysis days).
<18yrs: not established.
Cephalosporin, penicillin, or other beta-lactam allergy.
Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity reactions occur. Moderate or severe renal impairment; monitor renal function daily and adjust dose. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Cephalosporin + beta-lactamase inhibitor.
Nausea, diarrhea, headache, pyrexia, constipation, insomnia, vomiting; C. difficile-associated diarrhea, anaphylaxis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|