Generic Name and Formulations:
Ethosuximide 250mg; caps.
Indications for ZARONTIN:
Initially: 500mg daily. Increase every 4–7 days by 250mg daily according to response; max 1.5g daily in divided doses.
<3yrs: not established. 3–6yrs: initially 250mg daily. >6yrs: initially 500mg daily. Increase both every 4–7 days by 250mg daily according to response; max 1.5g daily in divided doses. Usual maintenance: 20mg/kg/day in divided doses.
Impaired hepatic or renal function. May precipitate tonic-clonic seizures. Discontinue at 1st sign of rash; consider alternative therapy if signs/symptoms of Stevens-Johnson syndrome occurs. Evaluate immediately if signs/symptoms of DRESS/multi-organ hypersensitivity develop; discontinue if no alternative etiology. Monitor for depression, suicidal ideation, unusual changes in mood/behavior. Monitor CBCs, kidney and liver function periodically. Change dose gradually. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Monitor phenytoin, phenobarbital, valproic acid, other AEDs.
Blood dyscrasias, drowsiness, ataxia, dizziness, headache, GI upset, CNS and psychiatric effects, rash (may be fatal), SLE, DRESS, gingival hyperplasia.
Caps, syrup (YES)
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Specialized Interventions Reduce Aberrant Opioid Behaviors in Cancer Patients
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
- Long-Term Eltrombopag Increases Platelet Counts, Decreases Bleeding in ITP
- Overall Survival Increase for Melanoma Brain Metastases
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|