ZANTAC INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ranitidine (as HCl) 25mg/mL; IM or IV inj; contains phenol.
Indications for ZANTAC INJECTION:
Hospitalized patients with pathological hypersecretory conditions, intractable duodenal ulcer. Short-term alternative to oral therapy.
>16yrs: 50mg every 6–8 hrs by IM inj, or intermittent IV bolus (dilute; give over 5mins), or intermittent IV (dilute; give over 15–20mins); usual max 400mg/day. Continuous IV infusion, or for Zollinger-Ellison: see full labeling. Renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min): 50mg every 18–24hrs or more often if needed (intermittent only). Coincide a dose for end of hemodialysis.
<1month: not recommended. ≥1month–16yrs: Treatment of duodenal ulcer: 2–4mg/kg per day in divided doses every 6–8hrs; max 50mg every 6–8hrs.
History of acute porphyria: not recommended. Renal impairment: reduce dose. Hepatic dysfunction. Discontinue if hepatic disorders occur. Monitor SGPT if on high-dose IV therapy for ≥5 days. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May increase triazolam, midazolam, glipizide, procainamide levels. May decrease ketoconazole, atazanavir, delaviridine, gefitnib levels. Monitor anticoagulants. May cause false (+) urine protein test with Multistix.
Headache, GI disturbances, jaundice, hepatitis, rash; rare: CNS disturbances, arrhythmias, blurred vision, arthralgia, myalgia, inj site reactions, blood dyscrasias, anaphylaxis, angioneurotic edema, acute interstitial nephritis, bradycardia with rapid administration (IV); increased risk of pneumonia (see full labeling).
Tabs, syrup—contact supplier; Inj single dose (2mL)—10; Multidose (6mL)—1; Premixed (50mL)—24
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|