Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor (recombinant): nominally 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, or 2000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; plasma/ albumin-free; preservative-free; contains polysorbate 80.
Indications for XYNTHA:
In Hemophilia A: to control and prevent bleeding episodes, and for perioperative management.
Adults and Children:
Individualize and titrate. Give by IV infusion over several minutes. One IU of factor VIII per kg raises the plasma factor VIII activity by about 2 IU/dL. Bleeding (Minor): factor VIII level required is 20–40 IU/dL or % of normal, repeat infusion every 12–24 hours as needed for at least 1 day, until resolution; (Moderate): 30–60 IU/dL or % of normal; repeat infusion every 12–24 hours for 3–4 days or until hemostasis; (Major): 60–100 IU/dL or % of normal, repeat infusion every 8–24 hours until resolution. Perioperative (Minor): 30–60 IU/dL or % of normal, repeat infusion every 12–24 hours for 3–4 days or until hemostasis; (Major): 60–100 IU/dL or % of normal; repeat infusion every 8–24 hours until hemostasis and wound healing occurs.
Hypersensitivity to hamster proteins.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors; may need dose adjustment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Headache, arthralgia, pyrexia, cough, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, asthenia; anaphylaxis.
Kit—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
- Neurotoxicity After CAR T-cell Therapy May Be Associated With Endothelial Activation
- Navigation Programs Most Effective in Increasing Follow-up Colonoscopy
- New Class of Clinical Trial Enhances Research on Cancer Care Delivery
- Nivolumab Provides Better Long-Term Efficacy Compared With Docetaxel in NSCLC
- Prophylactic Prochloperazine Ineffective for Opioid-induced Nausea/Vomiting in Cancer
- Anticancer Properties of The Probiotic Kefir: A Review
- Combining Radiation, Immunotherapy: An Emerging Challenge for Oncology Nursing
- Navigating the Transition From Treatment to Breast Cancer Survivor
- Naldemedine Effective for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Cancer Pain
- Disruptions to Circadian Rhythm Linked to Prostate Cancer Surgery Regret
- A Case of Immunotherapy-Induced Myocarditis Concomitant to MG in Lung Cancer
- Daily Aspirin Reduced Risk of HBV-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Lanreotide Effectively Controls Diarrhea, Flushing in Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Case Report of a KIT-mutated Melanoma Patient With an Excellent Response to Apatinib and Temozolomide Combination Therapy
- Novel Predictive Model More Effectively Identifies Risk for Lung Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|