XYLOCAINE MPF INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl 5mg/mL, 10mg/mL, 15mg/mL, 20mg/mL, 40mg/mL; soln.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for XYLOCAINE MPF INJECTION:
Local or regional anesthesia for infiltration and nerve block (see literature).
See literature for recommended dosages based on procedures. Epidural anesthesia: administer test dose first; monitor for CNS or cardiovascular toxicity. For all procedures: Max total dose: 4.5mg/kg not to exceed 300mg; epidural or caudal anesthesia should not be administered at intervals <90 minutes. Paracervical block: max 200mg total per 90 minute period. Elderly, debilitated, acutely ill (eg, cardiac or liver disease): reduce dose.
<3yrs: individualize based on weight and age. >3yrs: usual max dose: 1.5–2mg/lb. See literature for dosages specific to procedures.
To be administered under the supervision of experienced clinicians. Have intubation, artificial respiration, oxygen therapy and reversal agents available. Intra-articular infusions: not recommended. Avoid intravascular inj. Avoid methylparaben with spinal or epidural anesthesia. Monitor cardiovascular and respiratory vital signs. Severe shock. Heart block. Neurological disease. Spinal deformities. Septicemia. Severe hypertension. Hepatic disease. Impaired cardiovascular function. Malignant hyperthermia. Head and neck administration. Labor & delivery: see literature. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
CNS effects (eg, lightheadedness, confusion), cardiovascular effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, cardiovascular collpase), hypersensitivity reactions, headache, backache, nausea, increased creatinine phosphokinase.
Multi-dose vial (10mL, 20mL)—1, 5
Multi-dose vial (50mL)—1
MPF ampules (2mL, 5mL)—10
MPF ampules (30mL)—5
MPF single-dose vial (2mL, 5mL)—10
MPF single-dose vial (30mL, 50mL)—1
MPF Polyamp Duofit Sterile Pack (10mL, 20mL)—5
MPF Sterile Pack SD Vial (30mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|