Generic Name and Formulations:
Telotristat ethyl 250mg; tabs.
Indications for XERMELO:
In combination with somatostatin analog (SSA) therapy, to treat carcinoid syndrome diarrhea in adults inadequately controlled by SSA therapy.
Take with food. 250mg 3 times daily.
Monitor for constipation and/or severe, persistent, or worsening abdominal pain; discontinue if develops. ESRD requiring dialysis: not studied. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: monitor infant for constipation.
May antagonize CYP3A4 substrates (eg, midazolam); monitor and consider increasing dose of concomitant substrates if necessary. Antagonized by short-acting octreotide; if concomitant use is necessary, give dose ≥30mins after Xermelo.
Tryptophan hydroxylase inhibitor.
Nausea, headache, increased GGT, depression, flatulence, decreased appetite, peripheral edema, pyrexia.
Monthly carton—4 x 7 daily dose packs
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|