How long were you a nurse before you felt competent? Reflections on creating an atmosphere of learning and growing from our own mistakes.
A train-the-trainer communication training course appears to be an effective strategy for broadly teaching communication to oncology nurses.
For both genders, grief reactions linked to emotional distress among those at high levels of burnout.
Health experts note that opioids are prescribed too often, possibly because of poor training, and U.S. medical schools are expanding training to address the issue.
Significant evidence indicates that gloves of health care workers contaminate hospital surfaces with bacteria.
AAMC promotes multipronged approach to address the expected physician shortage, including federal support, technology, care delivery changes.
Study cites several measures needed to ensure the safety of health care workers on the job, including violence prevention strategies, national policy changes, and a shift in overall mind-set.
Nearly a third of female doctors stated they have experienced sexual harrasment and two-thirds say they experience gender bias in their workplace.
Campaign urges health care professionals and patients and loved ones to keep hands clean.
Next week, FDA committee of outside experts will meet to review risk-management plans
A research unit created by oncology nurses trains nurses to provide high quality care to patients in oncology clinical trials.
An innovative and robust nurse residency program that includes an evidence-based practice project, can impact oncology nursing practice and outcomes.
Simulation-based learning improved the confidence and skills of oncology nurses in chemotherapy-biotherapy administration.
Suggestions were offered on how to make EHRs more functional in practice, and reduce the associated regulatory burden.
Patients and their families believe that teams that include nurse practitioners are more effective, according to recent research.
Use of telemedicine allows nurses to accomplish tasks more quickly, increases both collaboration and communication.
How do you define being an oncology nurse? Read what your colleagues have to say, then send us your perspective.
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) has provided guidelines for physicians wishing to become more active via social media.
The new EHR regulations modify Stage 2 of meaningful use program and finalize requirements for Stage 3.
Better sleep quality and lower work stress has been observed for nurses in a yoga group versus non-yoga group.
Importance of understanding costs due to Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the prevalence of high-deductible plans has been incorporated into curricula.
Compliance with safety protocols can minimize risks from occupational exposure to antineoplastic drugs. Are you doing all you can do?
Compared with survey five years earlier, fewer physicians report being satisfied or very satisfied with the use of their electronic health record (EHR) system.
Few previous studies have compared the effectiveness of disinfecting methods and monitoring strategies in health settings.
Significant differences exist based on sex, age, education level, unit, acuity, and nursing management changes, research indicates.
An art-based learning approach can help students become better at observation and appreciate the importance of communication.
Female RNs are "shortchanged: more than 5,000 a year when compared to their male counterparts, researchers say.
A multifaceted intervention was seen to increase hand hygiene compliance among emergency nurses and technicians, according to a study.
About 85 percent of ob-gyn residents are female, whereas more males are found in surgery, emergency medicine, and anesthesiology.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is listening to physicians and addressing concerns including EHR usability, meaningful use, and other challenges.
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Pediatric Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Challenges and Solutions
- Earlier and Later Adult BMI Associated With Multiple Myeloma Risk
- Cost-Effectiveness of Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma Evaluated
- VBPWPs Can Compliment Patient Management in Clinical Trials
- Communication Technology Improves Treatment Burden, Patient Perspective of Oncology Care
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|