Scientists discovered the compound eCF506. This compound was more effective than existing medicines at targeting breast cancer cells because it more selectively inhibited SRC tyrosine kinase.
A potential cancer therapy with a unique strategy to block the mTOR molecule has been designed. This new mTOR-inhibiting compound reduced the size of tumors resistant to earlier-generation mTOR inhibitors.
Vitamin D and androgen receptor-targeted therapy successfully reduced growth and induced death of cancerous cells in a cell culture model of triple-negative breast cancer.
Training Patients With Breast Cancer to Achieve Prolonged Breath Holds Could Improve Targeted Radiotherapy
Patients with breast cancer can be trained to achieve a breath hold lasting more than 5 minutes, allowing for targeted administration of radiotherapy with a single dose per daily session that can minimize damage to surrounding tissues.
A new drug candidate reduced the growth of tumors in a mouse model of triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) by targeting the RNA, or expression, of a gene only expressed in the diseased cells.
Both automated and clinical assessments of breast density are associated with breast cancer risk.
No Clinical Benefit to Expanding Gene Panel Beyond Ovarian and Breast Cancer Genes in High-risk Women
Expanding a panel of tested genes beyond the known breast and ovarian cancer-specific genes in patients with breast and ovarian cancer did not confer any clinical benefit.
Although HPV vaccination is expected to decrease the cancer burden from HPV across all racial and ethnic groups, some disparities are expected to persist and widen if their causes are not addressed, including lack of access to screening, timely diagnoses, and treatment.
Combining 2 existing chemotherapy drugs, a DNMT1 inhibitor and a histone deacetylase inhibitor, reduced the numbers of cancer stem cells and improved survival in a mouse model.
Researchers examined possible correlations between complementary and alternative medicine and delayed initiation of clinically indicated chemotherapy among patients with early-stage breast cancer.
- Herbal Remedies May Be an Overlooked Global Health Hazard
- Specific Lifestyle Factors Can Significantly Affect Cancer Mortality
- New Research Questions Recommendations Regarding PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer Screening
- Vitamin D and Androgen Receptor-Targeted Therapy Are Effective in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Adhering to Patient Preferences Improves Patient Comfort During Skin Cancer Screening
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Socioeconomic Benefits of Marriage Improve Survival Among Married Patients
- Patient Illness Understanding Is Influenced by Recent Prognosis and Life Expectancy Discussions With Oncology Clinicians
- SRC Kinase Inhibitor Could Be a New Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Drug-Resistant Cancer May Be Combatted With New Generation mTOR Inhibitors
- ASCO Statement Seeks to Balance Prescription Opioids for Patients With Cancer and Misuse and Abuse Prevention
- FDA Accepts Ofatumumab in Combination with Fludarabine and Cyclophosphamide for Priority Review
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|