New Model for Breast Cancer Risk in Hispanic Women Is the First to be Based Exclusively on Data From Hispanic Women
The first breast cancer risk-prediction model based entirely on data from Hispanic women, including whether a woman was born in or outside the United States, provides a more accurate assessment of Hispanic women's risk of developing breast cancer.
RNA test of blood platelets can detect, classify, and pinpoint the location of cancer by analyzing a sample equivalent to 1 drop of blood. Using this new method, researchers were able to identify cancer with 96% accuracy.
S-1 is just as effective in terms of overall survival as a taxane as first-line treatment for patients with metastatic breast cancer.
There are no racial disparities in Oncotype DX (ODX) testing for patients with node-negative early breast cancer for ODX testing.
Both in-person and telephone counseling were effective weight loss strategies in breast cancer survivors and resulted in favorable effects.
The use of anastrozole for the prevention of breast cancer was associated with a higher incidence of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS).
Scientists developed a highly sensitive blood test that indicates when breast cancers become resistant to standard hormone treatment. In addition, the test results can be used to guide further treatment.
New and better drugs to treat diseases such as advanced breast cancer will have little effect on improving patient outcomes if a country does not have good health care structures in place.
International Experts Call for Investigations Into Long-Term Management Options for Select Patients With Advanced Breast Cancer
International experts have called for a clinical trial to investigate the best ways for identifying and treating a small but important group of patients with advanced breast cancer who can survive for long periods without their disease progressing.
Depression and antidepressant use may not be associated with increased risk of breast cancer.
- Gut Bacteria Can Dramatically Amplify Cancer Immunotherapy
- Existing Drug May Limit Recurrence and Metastasis of Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Blood Test Indicates Breast Cancer Tumors Developed Resistance to Hormone Treatment
- Breakthrough Advance Announced in International Blood Cancer Drug Trial
- Yoga May Reduce Side Effects in Patients Receiving Treatment for Prostate Cancer
- Breastfeeding Associated With A Reduced Risk of Aggressive Breast Cancer
- Hospitals Should Enact Bereavement Programs, Researchers Urge
- Physical Activity Communications Should be Part of Oncology Care Clinic Visits With Patients
- Communication Practices of Many US Physicians May Be Discouraging HPV Vaccination
- Chemo, Tamoxifen May Increase VTE Risk Among Patients With Breast Cancer
- New Blood Test Improves Screening for Prostate Cancer
- Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy Using Paclitaxel Plus Cisplatin in the Treatment of Elderly Patients With Esophageal Cancer
- International Study Charts Genetic Trajectory for Melanoma
- Risk of Several Autoimmune Diseases Increased in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Protein Biomarker Assays for Diagnosing Thyroid Cancer May Show Inaccurate Readings
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|