Researchers compared tiny variations in the genetic make-up of more than 120,000 women of European ancestry, with and without breast cancer, and identified 15 new genetic variations linked to a higher risk of the disease.
Patients with larger malignant tumors of the breast who undergo chemotherapy before breast cancer surgery are more likely to opt for a breast-preserving procedure, according to a new study.
A regional anesthetic technique in combination with standard care could potentially spare a third of women undergoing a mastectomy chronic post-operative pain, according to study data.
Breast screening via ultrasound is unaffected by breast density, is not associated with ionizing radiation, and does not require IV contrast material, but acceptance of this modality has lagged.
Breast cancer in women with diabetes is more likely to be advanced stage at diagnosis.
Black and Hispanic women with breast cancer are less likely to select a surgeon or determine hospital based on reputation.
An association of high rates of inappropriate imaging for prostate cancer and breast cancer found in a study of Medicare beneficiaries suggests that regional culture could contribute to inappropriate imaging.
A new surgical algorithm allows for greater percentage of visible tumor removal.
Disparities exist regarding the level of awareness and knowledge of breast density among US women, according to a study.
Actress Angelina Jolie underwent surgery to remove her fallopian tubes and ovaries out of fear of a hereditary form of cancer.
- Angelina Jolie has ovaries, fallopian tubes removed over cancer concerns
- Drug sequence with gemcitabine
- Radiation plus immunotherapy revs up immune system to better attack melanoma
- Counseling cancer patients on effective nutritional practices
- Algorithm increases surgical success in advanced ovarian cancer
- Fifteen new breast cancer genetic risk 'hot-spots' revealed
- High fitness level may decrease risk of colorectal, lung cancers
- Discontinuing statin therapy safe, beneficial for patients with terminal illness
- Affect of chemotherapy on saliva test results
- Childhood leukemia study reveals disease subtypes and new treatment options
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|