High tumor immune cell levels may identify women with HER2+ breast cancer who may benefit from chemotherapy alone
Women with HER2-positive breast cancer who had higher levels of immune cells in their tumors showed a lower risk of cancer recurrence after treatment with chemotherapy alone.
In women with aromatase inhibitor-resistant, advanced or metastatic breast cancer positive for both estrogen receptor (ER) and progesterone receptor (PR), adding pictilisib (previously GDC-0941) to the endocrine therapeutic fulvestrant increased survival.
Among premenopausal women with early stage, HR-positive breast cancer, the addition of ovarian suppression to tamoxifen reduced breast cancer recurrence.
The International Breast Cancer Intervention Study-I (IBIS-I) trial found that tamoxifen significantly decreased the incidence of all breast cancers, according to data presented at the 2014 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Pembrolizumab was well tolerated and yielded durable responses in patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer, according to recent trial data.
In elderly patients with moderate- to high-risk early stage breast cancer for whom standard chemotherapy is too toxic, capecitabine did not improve outcomes when tested as monotherapy, according to recent data.
A new drug that targets common cancer-causing genetic mutations in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), and a type of the mutation responsible for treatment resistance, has shown promising results in a phase I/II clinical trial.
Patients with advanced papillary renal cell carcinoma (pRCC) have shown good response to a combination of two existing anticancer drugs, according to recent research.
The first drug designed to inhibit the cancer-causing activity of a mutated enzyme known as isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) 1 has shown clinical activity in patients with advanced acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with the IDH1 mutation.
A review of top clinical guidelines for rectal cancer shows a variety of treatment recommendations.
- Key discovery in understanding successes and failures of immunotherapy
- Researchers identify biological indicator of response to new ovarian cancer drug
- Managing obesity should be part of cancer care
- Galeterone active in one form of castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Reducing side effects of everolimus administration
- Navigation and survivorship: Rationalizing your program costs
- Monitoring psychosocial function in radiotherapy
- Comparison of medications for managing nausea and vomiting
- Comparison of constipation management medications
- Chemo- and immunotherapy combination is a promising treatment for pancreatic cancer
- High tumor immune cell levels may identify women with HER2+ breast cancer who may benefit from chemotherapy alone
- Hair Dyes and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- For bladder cancer, laparoscopic radical cystectomy effective at preventing recurrence
- Aspirin and/or NSAID use may improve risk of high-grade prostate cancer
- Modifying lifestyle, HPV vaccine can help prevent anal cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|