Vitamin D and androgen receptor-targeted therapy successfully reduced growth and induced death of cancerous cells in a cell culture model of triple-negative breast cancer.
Higher serum levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) correlated with a reduced risk of cancer in women.
People residing at higher latitudes, who are exposed to lower levels of sunlight/ultraviolet B light and have a higher prevalence of vitamin D deficiency, are at least twice as likely to develop leukemia than equatorial populations.
Dietary supplementation with vitamin D and/or calcium after removal of precancerous colorectal adenomas (polyps) does not reduce risk of developing future adenomas.
In patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with chemotherapy plus biologics, increased vitamin D levels have been linked to improved survival, according to information presented at the ASCO 2015 Annual Meeting.
A lower vitamin D levels prior to treatment for follicular lymphoma has been linked to earlier relapse and increased mortality, according to a new study.
Bruce W. Hollis, PhD, discusses the findings from his study on the benefits of increasing vitamin D intake in patients with prostate cancer undergoing active surveillance.
Neither circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25[OH]D) levels nor common variations in vitamin D pathway genes appear to be associated with risk of fatal prostate cancer, according to recent research.
Vitamin D can protect some people with colorectal cancer by ramping up the immune system's vigilance against tumor cells, according to new research.
Patients in a a phase III study with higher vitamin D levels demonstrated better outcomes after treatment for their colorectal cancer with chemotherapy and targeted therapy.
Certain types of cancer patients tended to have lower vitamin D levels
Cancer patients who have higher levels of vitamin D at diagnosis tend to have better survival rates and remain in remission longer than patients who are vitamin D-deficient, according to a new study.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Some Early Breast Cancer Patients Should Have Breast Conservation Instead of Mastectomy
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Targeting AR Mutations Promising in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- GUCS 2017: Early Immunotherapy Discontinuation in mRCC
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Myalgia-arthralgia Syndrome Associated With Taxanes in Patients with Breast Cancer
- Women Treated for DCIS Have Slightly Lower Risk for All-Cause Mortality
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|